Come to Summit County and celebrate Independence Day while taking in some of the nation’s most beautiful sites. Surely when “purple mountain majesties” was written in 1913 it was referencing our very own majestic Rockies. Between the views and the weather, Summit County is the place to be in July.
And speaking of where you should be, we’ve got all the details on where to see firework displays and local celebrations. We even figured out the best complexes and vacation rentals for those that want to be close to all the festivities. But, you’ve got to book early if you want to to be sure to get your spot…
DATE: Thursday, July 4th through Sunday, July 7th
- Celebrate our nation’s independence with four days of family fun! Enjoy bounce houses, face painting, an outdoor BBQ, live music and activities on Keystone Lake.
- for up to date details visit the Keystone Resort website
DATE: Thursday, July 4th
- If you are looking for an Independence Day celebration in a quintessential small mountain town, then Frisco’s Fabulous 4th of July will fit the bill. Frisco knows how to throw a party filled with activities for the whole family on Frisco’s charming Main Street and at the beautiful Frisco Bay Marina.
- for up to date details visit the Town of Frisco website
DATE: Thursday, July 4th
- The Breckenridge 4th of July party kicks off with a 10K trail run, followed by the Firecracker 50 mountain bike race and the Main Street parade. Family activities, live music, and a performance by the National Repertory Orchestra are not to be missed! Check out Breckenridge Creative Arts’ “Street Arts: Spangled,” which celebrates street, pavement and graffiti arts with outdoor murals, installations, workshops and pop-up art.
- for up to date details visit the Go Breck website
Fourth of July Lodging
Want to get a great vacation rental near all the festivities? Or maybe you want to be close but also a little more secluded? We have lodging recommendations below, but also be sure to check out our interactive map so you can see where complexes and vacation rentals are located in relation to Keystone Lake, Lake Dillon and Breckenridge.
You can’t beat this location for the 4th of July! Step outside and you’re standing next to Keystone Lake. As of this post, nightly rates start at $98. These rentals get booked really fast, so you can also consider booking in what is considered North Keystone where you can walk to this area in just a few minutes via the pedestrian walkways that run under Highway 6.
Many of our vacation rentals offer village views so you can take in the parade from the comfort of your own private balcony! Or you can walk downstairs and grab a spot along the parade route. As of this post, nightly rates start at $80.
This area is set off away from the main festivities in Keystone but is just a short walk or bike ride from Keystone Lake. As of this post, nightly rates start at $77.
Grab a rental right on Main Street where you can be right in the middle of all the festivities. Or book a rental in Blue River, just south of Breckenridge. You can drive into Breckenridge or use public transportation.