Come to Summit County and celebrate Independence Day while taking in some of the nation’s most beautiful sites. Surely when “purple mountain majesties” was written in 1913 it was referencing our very own majestic Rockies. Between the views and the weather, Summit County is the place to be in July.
And speaking of where you should be, we’ve got all the details on where to see firework displays and local celebrations. We even figured out the best complexes and vacation rentals for those that want to be close to all the festivities. But, you’ve got to book early if you want to to be sure to get your spot…
DATE: Tuesday, July 3rd
- Celebrate our nation’s independence with a day of family fun! Enjoy bounce houses, face painting, an outdoor BBQ, live music and activities on Keystone Lake. End the day with a traditional fireworks display from Decatur Field (next to Keystone Lake).
- 11 a.m.-9 p.m.: Lakeside Village BBQ available. Live music will be at the Lakeside Gazebo.
- Noon-6 p.m.: Join in the fun with Kidtopia! Face painting, Balloon Artist, Kite Decorating, Bounce Houses. (Decatur Field, Lakeside Village)
- 9:30 p.m.: Fireworks!
- for up to date details visit the Keystone Resort website
DATE: Wednesday, July 4th
- 7-11 a.m.: Team Summit Pancake Breakfast ($10 for adults, $5 for kids under 8 years)
- 8-10 a.m.: Kids Fishing Derby is a free event open to children ages 15 and younger. Must bring your own rod, bait and flies. Register on-site.(Meadow Creek Park)
- 11-Noon: Free Concert (Frisco Historic Park Gazebo)
- 12:30 p.m.: Fabulous Fourth of July Parade on Main Street includes wacky floats, beautiful horses, classic cars and more. Children 12 and under are also invited to participate by bringing their decorated bikes to follow the parade down Main Street. Registration is required and prizes will be awarded for the best decorated bikes.
- 1:30-3:30 p.m.: Free Concert (location TBD)
- 3:30-5 p.m.: Interactive Drum Circle with Peak Rhythm at Main Street and 3rd Avenue
- 7:15-9:15 p.m.: Free Concert (location TBD)
- 9:30 p.m.: Fireworks over the Dillon Reservoir (best viewing at the Frisco Bay Marina)
- for up to date details visit the Town of Frisco website
DATE: Wednesday, July 4th
- Independence Day 10K Trail Run (start/finish at Carter Park, contact resort for time)
- 9:30 a.m.: The Firecracker 50 Mountain Bike Race (starts at Main Street, details)
- Fourth of July Garden Party at the Barney Ford House Museum; watch the parade while enjoying coffee, mimosas and a breakfast spread (contact resort for cost)
- 10 a.m.: Main Street Parade begins with the Color Guard and ends with the reading of the Declaration of Independence at the Blue River Plaza
- Viper Car Show & Shine on Main Street (immediately following the parade)
- Interactive Drum Circle
- Kids’ Water Fight with the Red, White and Blue Fire Department (Main Street)
- Free Pony Rides! (Blue River Plaza)
- Street Arts Festival
- 4th of July Patriotic Concert with the National Repertory Orchestra at the River Walk Center (get tickets at the box office)
- Fireworks at 9:45 p.m. (launched near the Gondola lots and will be visible from all over Breckenridge)
- for up to date details visit the Breckenridge Resort website
Fourth of July LodgingWant to get a great vacation rental near all the festivities? Or maybe you want to be close but also a little more secluded? We have lodging recommendations below, but also be sure to check out our interactive map so you can see where complexes and vacation rentals are located in relation to Keystone Lake, Lake Dillon and Breckenridge.
You can’t beat this location for the 4th of July! Step outside and you’re standing next to Keystone Lake. Nightly rates start at just $107. These rentals get booked really fast, so you can also consider booking in what is considered North Keystone where you can walk to this area in just a few minutes via the pedestrian walkways that run under Highway 6.
Many of our vacation rentals offer village views so you can take in the parade from the comfort of your own private balcony! Or just walk downstairs and grab a spot along the parade route. Nightly rates start at just $91.
This area is set off away from the main festivities in Keystone but is just a short walk or bike ride from Keystone Lake. Nightly rates start at just $73.
Grab a rental right on Main Street where you can be right in the middle of all the festivities. Or book a rental in Blue River, just south of Breckenridge. You can drive into Breckenridge or use public transportation.